Friday, November 11, 2005

The end of a legend

Peter F Drucker, revered as the father of modern management for his numerous books and articles stressing innovation, entrepreneurship and strategies for dealing with a changing world, has died at the age of 95 in LA.

An article from a news site quotes the following words about him.

Drucker was considered a management visionary for his recognition that dedicated employees are key to the success of any corporation, and marketing and innovation should come before worries about finances.

I started appreciating his principles as I read them as part of my PGDBA course.
I always wanted to read more about his 'theory of Management', but I couldn't win over my laziness :)

He has left this world physically, but this world will never forget his concepts and thoughts.

No comments: