Monday, April 30, 2007

Solitude - a bliss??

Is solitude bliss? Yes it is for some people but definitely not to me. But I have been forced to loneliness to some extent in the recent past. This has gone grown gradually right from the time I came back offshore.

It started with office, every one was a stranger for me and I felt I was isolated. Somehow, I could not easily mingle with new people easily. Don't really know what happened. It really took months to get a limited number of good friends at office.

Then i t was at home. I was with out any real work @ office and was coming back home early. After suresh and Senthil had left, most of the days I would end up at the home early and sit down with out really knowing what to do. Cell phone, SMS and TV were my companion. It really hurts, when mocked for being over phone when my friends come back home. I know it’s for fun but still I wan my dear ones to understand my position. But again they are not to be blamed. I always feel happy when people like Visu, thennal come down to my house and we have a chit-chat.

While I was in the verge of making some friends @ J-16 I've been transferred to Amb-4; a decision taken by me for my career prospects. Now back to square one; I've got used going alone to lunch breaks and tea breaks. Now, the real question....Does physical distance draw a big line emotionally as well? I really can't answer this question.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

romba feel panni polambi thalirukka

Magesh Kumar said...

Thats the reality.......btw who r u?

Unknown said...

solitude -never a bliss for me..Being among a bunch of campus recruits,and with lots of friends around me..that age was well-suited for making lots of friends..Now we are either grown up or matured professionally or too shy to make new friends :) ..loneliness really kills and make u miss ur old friends..but loneliness can bring out the best blogger in u..keep posting

Aishwarya said...

Hey looks like u r really lonely... or is it the right word.. hmmm...The best way to make a friend is to be one, so r'm'mber tat always in life :-)