Thursday, September 22, 2005

In to Books

Its 23 years since God presented me to this lovely world. All these years my favorite pass time had been music and sports. I spend lot of time listening to music. At some point I even wanted to learn classical vocal and its still in abeyance.
But after coming to the country of Liberty I somehow have not had much opportunities to listen to new music or see TV or other pass time.
So the one thing that I had to take up was read books. All these 23 years the books (novels and fictions) that I have read include "Harry Potter 1 & 2" and "Five Point Some One" though I have read most of the Dale Carnegie series. I again plunged into reading books here in USA. I started with Prey. I had heard a lot about this book. As a matter of fact, Swami wanted every one of us to read it. Now I have completed this book. I really feel bad that I haven't read this book all these time. It was really a wonderful book. It was indeed a good sketch with a nice composition of emotion and science. Having seen the authors other book "Jurassic Park" as a movie, I could see some common things in his narration. But still I would say hats off to Michael Crichton for a wonderful fiction.
Hope I will continue this good habit of reading. The books in queue are "Deception Point", "Digital Fortress" and "Da Vinci Code"....Hoping to have more fun reading...

No comments: